Our tube bending service goes far beyond tube manipulation. We work with clients to provide a comprehensive design and construction service, tailored to each clients’ individual needs.
- CNC mandrel tube bending and pipe bending. We carry out CNC mandrel bending of tube and pipe up to 75mm diameter.
- Tube rolling. Our ring rollers can roll tubes up to 80mm diameter and angles up to 150mm leg length.
- Design and construction of welded assemblies. We offer an end to end design and construction service for welded assemblies using formed tubes as their main construction members. Our service is tailored to each clients’ individual needs.
- Efficient service based on stock tooling. Our extensive range of stock tooling enables us to offer an efficient tube bending service. Stock tooling includes mandrels and formers for the most popular pipe sizes.
- Bespoke tooling in-house. Where stock tooling is not available we can make mandrels and formers in-house. This benefits clients by reducing lead times compared to commissioning outside manufacture.
- Comprehensive coverage of commonly required materials. We can bend all of the most commonly required materials including thin wall stainless steel, copper and titanium.
- Comprehensive range of ancillary operations. Ancillary operations include plating and polishing, electro-polishing, anodising, galvanising, and assembly and testing of pipework systems.
Why customers choose us for tube bending
Customers choose Smith & Jewell Engineering because we are good at what we do, and professional to work with.
We are committed to reliable, consistent quality and delivery. We work hard to be flexible and responsive to our clients’ individual needs. We invest in high quality equipment so we have the right tools for the job, and we maintain rigorous quality standards.
But we believe what really sets us apart are our people, attitude and individual client focus.
Typical applications for our tube bending services
- Frameworks for housing machinery
- Pipework assemblies that include welded flanges.
- Leak testing of pipework assemblies
- Cycle enclosures
- Bike security stands
- Architectural metalwork including railings and ballustrades.
- Naval and boatbuilding applications including mast assemblies railings and tubular ladders.
- Office furniture
- Coils for transporting fluids
- Exhaust pipes
- Manifolds for gas or liquid transfer